Friday, May 27, 2011

The Beginning

Why MyHolidayHouse?  It started as a haha moment with one of our respite care foster children.  He proclaimed that he loved coming to visit us because it was "My Holiday House".  He has called it that ever since.  And he faithfully arrives for all major holidays to get a break from his special needs group home. 
JS, namer or the Blog, with Maxine the Wonder Boxer!
I thought it fit well.  We love to cook, have a house full of dogs, and are in the process of making my Grandmother's beautiful, yet older home our own.   So through remodeling, redecorating and making memories, it has become MyHolidayHouse.  One day we hope to have our store up and running on Etsy, selling confections and fudge.  Dreams are good- right?

1 comment:

  1. Hey there! I'm so glad you left a comment at my site so I could come visit yours. You have a pug and a frenchie! - those are two of my top 3 favorite breeds (with Boston Terriers of course). Good luck on setting up your etsy. I think it sounds like a great dream. :)

    ReplyDelete