Sunday, June 19, 2011

Father's Day

Father's Day is today.  So we are going Chrome to celebrate! Chrome is my Dad's favorite color!

My Dad is on "The Road", as he has been for many a holiday throughout our lives.  My Mom and us two girls (and hopefully Daddy) are used to celebrating a day or two or a week earlier or later to accomodate Dad's trips, without minding, so we could all celebrate together.  Mom and Dad are going to Galveston for the Fourth of July, so he is working through Father's Day to get to their well deserved vacation. 

Dad last year at the Beach!

My Dad  is a great Dad.  He loves us girls and has always done anything to help us be successful.  I am a teacher and my sister Casey is an interior decorator and jewelry designer. All because of the encouragement and pushing from our parents.  We were blessed to have parents that owned a trucking company.  Mom worked from home and Dad out on "The Road".  I have so many good memories of my Dad - and as I grow older, we keep adding to those.  But spending a week at a time traveling to California from Texas as we grew up allowed us to get to know Daddy on a different level than most kids.  Poor man, it seems my talent was getting sick and puking everywhere.  Casey always seemed to get to tour the touristy places ( I NEVER got to see THE THING!!!) as well as a breakdown or two!  And we will never be able to thank them enough for saving us as adults as well. That debt can never be repaid.

With husbands now and my sister living out of town, we still come together for our Holidays.  Father's Day for us is this year is on the 24th.  We are planning the menu and getting excited about spending time together. Check back then to see how it went!

I love you, Daddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment